No announcement yet.

Samsung TV`s UE32J5500AK and UE48H6400AK Red Standby Light - No Picture/Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung TV`s UE32J5500AK and UE48H6400AK Red Standby Light - No Picture/Sound

Hi, I'm new here and looking for some advice on how to diagnose an issue i have with 2 samsung TVs.

I have a UE32J5500AK and a UE48H6400AK both with the same issue of red light but nothing happening on the screen, the red light responds to remote or button press by flashing once but stays red. I have searched forums but most turn up a blinking red light.

I have tried replaceing the power board on the UE32J5500AK last year but this resulted in the same outcome.
    The UE48H6400AK recently developed some small bright areas on the screen, then last week would not power up displaying the same symptoms as the UE32J5500AK, i appreciate that the 2 issues may not be the same but i would like to diagnose the correct parts to replace.

I have replaced a power board previousy on another TV and have minimal skills electronically but can use a meter to test etc

Thanks
    Simon
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-12-2024, 04:32 AM. Reason: UE32J5500AK and UE48H6400AK

First test, unhook cable from powerboard to mainboard, plug power cord in, see if backlights come on and stay on, need at least a focused picture of each board and one of the whole back including all the boards.

Comment

I have just repaired the ue48 model and yes was a backlight issue do the test as described in post 2

Comment

Thanks for the reply, will do this.

Comment

UE48H6400AK
          Removed cable from power board that was hooked up to the main board, plugged power cable in and the back lights came on and stayed on?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7697.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	3234390 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7696.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	3234391 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7699.jpg
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	3234392 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7698.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	3234393

UE32J5500AK
          Same method as above bu no back lights came on (on this set the red standby light blinks every now and again, doesn't stay on)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7702.jpg
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	3234395 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7701.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	3234396 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7700.jpg
Size:	4.55 MB
ID:	3234397
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slimsoul
            UE32J5500AK
            Same method as above bu no back lights came on (on this set the red standby light blinks every now and again, doesn't stay on)
            [ATTACH=JSON
            {"data-align":"none","data-size":"thumb","data-attachmentid":3234395}[/ATTACH] Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7701.jpg
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	3234396 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7700.jpg
Size:	4.55 MB
ID:	3234397
            How did you manage to disconnect the cable between the power supply and the motherboard on the UE32J5500AK, if this board is two in one (motherboard + power supply)?

Comment

Disconnected the white 8 pin connector assuming it was going to a main board. Can the power be removed on a 2 in 1?

Comment

Well, how do you turn it off, of course not.
                Attached Files

Comment

vinceroger69 nomoresonys do you guys have any advice on the next step to diagnose the fault on the UE48H6400AK?

Seems like the UE32J5500AK is a different setup and has a 2 in 1 main/power board and i was unable to remove power to complete the test, is there any other test i can complete for this setup?

Comment

Hi on the 48 inch set it maybe a firmware issue hopefully lotas or diah can advise

Comment

Да, серия xxH6xxx играется со слётом прошивки, иногда помогает только перепрошить 25Q40, бывает что и в eeprom 24C512 и в eMMC.

Comment

Can this be resolved by replacing the mainboard? From a translation of your reply, flashing is possibly out of my skill set of special tools are required.

Comment

Originally posted by slimsoul View Post
                          Can this be resolved by replacing the mainboard? From a translation of your reply, flashing is possibly out of my skill set of special tools are required.
                          yes a mainboard swap should work fine just make sure you match all the numbers up from on your old mainboard and make sure you buy a board with a returns policy just incase it arrives faulty

Comment

Thanks for the help vinceroger69

Comment

Thanks for the help vinceroger69
                              This maybe the rite board just double check before you buy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203929521...Bk9SR-CIk-THYw

Comment

Your 32 inch set may also be a firmware issue as they sell a pre programd ic to solve the issue your having maybe contact the ebay seller as not 100% this is for your exact tv https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334790152...Bk9SR6Tcw-THYw

Comment

vinceroger69 UE32J5500AK - Spoke to the seller and he has requested i diagnose the fault first as the cpu failure is also common, is this something i can check?

Comment

vinceroger69 UE32J5500AK - Spoke to the seller and he has requested i diagnose the fault first as the cpu failure is also common, is this something i can check?
                                    I have not worked on these all in one boards before i have just re read your first post and you mentioned you have changed this board already. hopefully a more experienced member who has worked on these boards can advise you better

Comment

For model UE32J5500AK, if you have a programmer, you can try to reprogram flash 25Q40.

Comment

lotas i dont have these tools unfortunately, would a full main/power board swap fix this (its possible the main board i swapped initially could have been faulty also)

Comment

Working...
                                        X